Summer Office Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday | 8:00 – 12:00pm | or by appointment
Closed July 3rd – 7th
Summer Reading Requirements
Accelerated Reader (AR) – Incoming 2nd – 8th Graders
It is required for students to test on books in their individual reading range and reach their grade-specific point goal over the summer. The individual reading range for your student was sent home prior to the end of school.
Students have until August 18 to complete their Summer Testing Requirements.
At Home Testing
- June 5 – August 11
- Monday – Friday from 11:00am – 7:00pm
At School Testing
- Beginning the week of August 14th, students will test only at school.
2nd Grade: 2 points on individual reading level
3rd Grade: 3 points on individual reading level
4th Grade: 4 points on individual reading level
5th Grade: 5 points on individual reading level
6th Grade: 6 points on individual reading level
7th Grade: 7 points on individual reading level
8th Grade: 8 points on individual reading level
Summer Sports Physicals
Ascension St. Vincent’s Health will be at St. Joseph Catholic School offering free sports physicals for incoming 4th – 8th grade students.
ALL students who will be trying out for sports are required to have a Diocesan Grade School Sports Physical Form on file dated after June 1, 2023.
- Sign up for for ONE appointment for EACH student.
- COMPLETE Diocesan Grade School Sports Physical Form & Ascension Consent BEFORE you arrive to school.
- ARRIVE 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Parents may wait in the bleachers.
- A notary will be available to complete paperwork after your physical is completed.
School Supply Lists
Order by July 1st
- New students are required to turn in the School Health Entry Form (DH 3040) and Immunization Form (DH 680s). Both forms should be obtained from your physician.
- These forms must be turned into the Front Office or via email to email@example.com by August 7th.
- Students entering Kindergarten and 7th Grade are required to have updated Immunization Form (DH 680s) from their physician.
- Students not in compliance may not start school this fall.
- This form must be turned into the Front Office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 7th.