National Junior Honor Society
Meetings: Once a month.
Eligibility: Open to students in 7-8th grade. Selection is made based on the the student meeting the below qualifications.
Qualifications: Students must display the characteristics of the 5 Pillars.
- Scholarship – Per national guidelines, at a minimum, students must have a cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Service – This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
- Leadership – Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school community activities while working with or for others.
- Character – The student of good character is cooperative and demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability. The student shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others.
- Citizenship – The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic engagement, has a high regard for freedom and justice; respects democracy; respects the law for all citizens at the local, state, and federal levels; and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility in activities such as scouting, community organizations, or school clubs.
Induction: The induction of students into NJHS is at the end of the school year.
Leadership Opportunities: President, Vice President
Contact Sponsor: Miss Pollard firstname.lastname@example.org