Become a Volunteer
- Step 1: Register for VIRTUS Online
- Step 2: Register and attend Protecting God’s Children class
- Step 3: Fingerprinting through Live Scan
- Step 4: Verify your volunteer status with the Front Office at (904) 268-6688
- Each family is required to complete 10 hours of service each school year.
- Single parent families are required to complete 5 hours of service each school year.
- Families who choose not to complete the required service hours will be charged a $25 per hour
not completed. Payment for unserved hours will be collected through Facts “Incidental Billing.”
- Grandparents who are approved volunteers may complete service hours on behalf of a family.
- Volunteer hours must be submitted online via FACTS within one month of service in order to be
credited for them. Sign into FACTS > Click Family > Click Family Home > Click the plus sign
in the upper right hand corner of the Service Hours section.
- Every $25 spent in donation of items purchased will equal one volunteer hour.
- For service hours to be credited for items purchased for the benefit of SJCS, please email a copy
of your receipt(s) to Home and School at email@example.com. You will receive an approval email and can submit your volunteer hour(s) online via FACTS. Please wait to submit receipts until it equals $25.
- At this time, hours cannot be submitted on a mobile device.
- All individuals who volunteer in the school must complete the Diocesan mandated background check and attend a Protecting God’s Children class. Volunteer sign-ups will be listed in the weekly newsletter.
- Opportunities to volunteer include, but are not limited to:
Art Room Class Helper
Beautification of School Grounds
Catholic Schools Week
Father Daughter Dance
Health Awareness Week
Star Dad Dudes with Donuts
Used Uniform Sale
- *Field trips: Chaperoning a field trip may count as a maximum of four (4) volunteer hours and may only count as service once per year. Regardless of if the trip is longer than 4 hours or if multiple trips are attended.
Note: Parents, guardians, or family members who volunteer on campus in the classrooms, including field trips, are required to complete the above volunteer requirements.